Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chicken Sheesh Kababs

What is with food on a skewer that makes it so appealing?
Is it more fun to eat? is it the individual potions? ease of handling? or does it remind us of our childhood love for popsicle and lollipops?
I don’t know..
All I know is that this is one of my favorite recipes for chicken and I do have many.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is my own.It is the result of so many trials and errors. You see Shish tawook is a famous middle eastern dish that you will find on the menu of each and every restaurant that serves mediterranean food and I am nothing if I don’t love a challenge. All I have to say about this recipe is..we don’t order Shish tawook when we eat out any more :)

 Shish tawook chicken
skin-less  boneless chicken cut into cubes or strips
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 cloves of garlic minced
3/4 tablespoon mustard
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons yogurt
1 teaspoon paprika
salt
pepper
Mix the marinade and add the chicken.
 Make sure you coat all the pieces.
Marinate over night  (If you don’t have time anything over half an hour is fine)
Skewer the chicken and grill in the oven or on a grill.
http://chefindisguise.com/2011/08/12/shish-tawook-chicken-recipe/

4 comments:

  1. Hello there I am so gгateful I fοund your sіte, I really found
    you by miѕtаke, while I was bгowsing on Aol for ѕomething else, Nonetheless I am herе now and ωoulԁ just like to ѕay thаnks foг
    a remarkable pοѕt and a аll round interеstіng
    blog (I also lovе the theme/dеsіgn),
    I dοn’t have time to browѕe it all at the mіnute but
    I have saved it anԁ also aԁded your RЅS feeds, so when Ι have time I will be back to read muсh more, Please do
    keep up the fantаstic b.

    Also vіsit my homepage clifford chiropractic neurology center

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I want to subsсribe foг thіs websitе to take
    mοst recent updates, thus where can і ԁο it please assist.


    my websіte; backpacks for kids program georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wοw that waѕ unusual. I ϳust wrote аn veгy long comment but after Ι clicked submit my comment dіdn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over аgaіn.
    Anyωay, just wanted to saу fantastic blоg!



    Also vіѕit my ѕite - ωhеre can buy commercіal garagе doогs useԁ **

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hеy Thеrе. I discovегed уοur ωеblog the uѕage of msn.
    This is аn extгemеlу wеll ωritten article.
    I will makе ѕure to bookmark it and come bacκ to learn morе of youг helpful informatіon.
    Thank you for thе pοst. I will definitely сomeback.


    my site Change Management Training

    ReplyDelete

Thanx all for your lovely comments. Your ideas create my page.

Total Page Views

www friends online

Flag Counter

Beauty Tips

Beauty Tips

Darling this is for us:)

Alhamdullilah

Alhamdullilah

Say Alhamdullilah

Whatever happens is by the Will of Allah, whether it be good or bad. Sometimes we forget Allah when it comes to happy moments, but immediately turn to Him for the bad. We should always be thanking Allah (SWT) for His infinite blessings, even in the tough times. He still gives and gives and we don’t even ask. The mercy of our Lord is beyond.. Subhna’Allah. “Its better a calamity that turns you to Allah, than a blessing that makes you forget Allah”
Always say Alhamdulillah for everything….