Tuesday, March 26, 2013

~Strawberry Smoothie (Lassi)~


I wanted something that could be prepared really fast, required no heat, and was refreshing.





Enter strawberry lassi.  Lassi is an Indian yogurt-based fruit beverage, usually prepared with mango. I absolutely love lassi; I always find myself ordering it whenever I have Indian food (which is fairly often).  I had no mangos in my kitchen Friday afternoon, and there was NO way I was braving the heat again to go buy some at the supermarket, so I settled for fresh strawberries, which I conveniently happened to have in my refrigerator.  I’m glad I settled.  Strawberry lassi may be a bit unconventional, but it’s delicious!

Strawberry Lassi
Adapted from Joylicious

Ingredients

·      1 pound fresh strawberries, trimmed and halved
·      ½ cup honey (to your taste)
·      pinch of salt
·      2 cups plain yogurt
·      1 cup crushed ice

Directions

Combine the strawberries, honey, and salt in a blender.  Purée until the strawberries are smooth. 


Add the yogurt, and blend until smooth.  Repeat with the ice. 


Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx all for your lovely comments. Your ideas create my page.

Total Page Views

www friends online

Flag Counter

Beauty Tips

Beauty Tips

Darling this is for us:)

Alhamdullilah

Alhamdullilah

Say Alhamdullilah

Whatever happens is by the Will of Allah, whether it be good or bad. Sometimes we forget Allah when it comes to happy moments, but immediately turn to Him for the bad. We should always be thanking Allah (SWT) for His infinite blessings, even in the tough times. He still gives and gives and we don’t even ask. The mercy of our Lord is beyond.. Subhna’Allah. “Its better a calamity that turns you to Allah, than a blessing that makes you forget Allah”
Always say Alhamdulillah for everything….